[at-l] Vaude Packs

Tony Nitz  wrote:
  > I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Vaude backpacks. It's
  > a German company that I haven't heard of before, but I'm interested in
  > possibly purchasing their Magic Rock 40 backpack. Any information or
  > advice on the company or the pack would be appreciated.
  > PT

Tony,

I'm not familar with the Magic Rock, and didn't see it on their website.
Details or URL? I have 2 Vaude packs, the A.T. (now Tour) 50 and the
Sienna 40. When I'm hiking with my girl(and therefore carrying more
weight) the A.T. is my go to pack. It uses the Aeroflex suspension,
leaving about 2 inches of space between my back and the pack body(great
in humid weather). Nevertheless, the weight stays rock solid, no tipping
or shifting. My girl uses the Sienna(a bike pack really) to hold her
clothes and bag. I take all the other gear. I 've carried 40lbs in it
comfortably. The only complaint I have is I can't get the load lifters
to work properly. The pack hugs so close at the top that you really
can't pull it in any further. I've emailed Vaude on this, but got no
response. I did have to replace a barrel lock on the collar, but that's
no big thing. They make nice packs.

-Rob