[at-l] Content--- Some personal suggestions

In a message dated 3/2/02 5:14:53 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
papa_bear_nyc@yahoo.com writes:

> Simply put, the uninteresting stuff overwhelms the interesting stuff, and no

The problem is, "uninteresting" is a subjective thing.  I think Felix posted
a rather insightful and on topic email about list content.  It was
interesting to me.  Maybe it wasn't to someone else.  I think - and this is
just my opinion, as someone else suggested we make clear - that there is no
way to lose, given your viewing options.  If you ask a question, you can go
to the archives or the web forum and ONLY read those posts that have *your*
subject line in them.  Sure, maybe you'll miss one or two answers that are
buried in another subject line - but most likely you'll get the majority of
them, while not bothering with those posts you deem "uninteresting".

A large majority of us are computer geeks.  Some of us use that geekiness to
manage the traffic from this list.  Others use the geekiness to help others
manage the list.  The majority of listers appear to need no help managing the
list, as there are at least 500 people that are here but haven't complained
about the content.

I dunno.  I could stand on some furniture with a drink in hand and proclaim
us all family ;)  But - I can't see, given how many options Ryan has provided
us to utilize the list, why no matter how we do it we "lose".

Red

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---