Re[2]: [at-l] Checking for polarized lenses

"...Is there a way to check the coating (or lack thereof)?"

I've never met anyone who ever complained of a sunburn from sitting in front of
a sunny picture window.

That suggests to me that most anything you put in front of your eyeballs,
especially if it's made with glass, will filter out most of the bad stuff.

 I've never worn sun glasses for any length of time. I've tried to from time to
 time, but they just filter out too much of what I go into the outdoors to see.
 As a teenager I worked on an open beach drying seaweed, every summer. All kinds
 of interesting creatures were mixed with the weed. I never could bring myself
 to dim the vision with sun glasses.

 However, I DO NOT recommend that people follow my example. I'll defend cotton
 tee shirts -- but I don't want to influence your choice of vision protection.

 Weary, who knows this is a cop out. By mentioning it, I know I may influence
 some. So you don't have to tell me that on line.