[at-l] 2 poles or one?

In a message dated 2/27/2002 5:06:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
thornel@attglobal.net writes:

> Keep what you have. Don't spend another dime on gear until you get out
> there and find what works and what does not work for you.

That won't help him if he blows his knees out the first few weeks.

Of course everyones different, but I started the trail with a wooden stick
that Weary would have been pround of.  A combination of steep trail and
having a too heavy pack wrecked havoc on my knees.  After a trail ending knee
injury, I switched to two Lekis the following year to finish up.  (still had
the heavy pack)

Since that time, I've hiked over 4000 miles and haven't had any knee problems
what so ever.  My opinion, two poles work best.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---