[at-l] distress signals

The point remains. Three noises, three flashes of light, three puffs of
smoke - any of these are part of what is considered a universal distress
call. Guns are particularly poor noise makers as most folks run out of
ammunition too quickly for rescuers to locate the source of the noise. But
three spaced gunshots are clearly different from the usual pattern of
hunters and target shooters. I think most anyone would be able to tell the
difference and lack of randomness from such a signal. Perhaps you are
learning about a signaling from a different perspective.

It would be appropriate if not prepared for first aid to interrupt activity
to locate assistance who can search and rescue.

OrangeBug