[at-l] Standing Indian Campground loop hike

Trailwind -

My brother and I did the exact same hike two years ago in April.  It's a
great one.  Kimsey is kind of a climb but the rest is fairly easy IMHO.

Can't tell you about the road conditions.  I don't recall it being a
particularly difficult drive in, so I presume it should be passable even this
time of year (those more local may have different thoughts).  The parking was
fine as far as I remember - the campgrounds is very near but I don't know if
anybody is manning it this early in the year.

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/26/02 11:51:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dennis@bcontech.com writes:

> My 13 year old son has asked to revise our first spring break trip which
> starts in 3 days.  He is wanting to do a loop hike starting at Standing
> Indian Campground, down the Kimsey Creek Trail, North on the AT to Rock
> Gap Shelter and back down FS67 to Standing Indian Campground.
>
> I appreciated the advice on getting to Deep Gap from several of you a
> few weeks ago, hate to seek information again so quickly for the same
> trip.  I am not familiar with this area so information is welcomed.
>
> Is the Standing Indian Campground a good trailhead to park at for
> several days, and no, it's not an old car, actually just 2 months old.
> Is FS67 open?  After the thread on trailhead parking my wife has offered
> to let us take her older Windstar van in hopes someone will mess with it
> (VBG).
>
> Trailwind (who is VERY glad his son wants to spend half of the spring
> break on the trail with Dad)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---