[at-l] Standing Indian Campground loop hike

My 13 year old son has asked to revise our first spring break trip which
starts in 3 days.  He is wanting to do a loop hike starting at Standing
Indian Campground, down the Kimsey Creek Trail, North on the AT to Rock
Gap Shelter and back down FS67 to Standing Indian Campground.

I appreciated the advice on getting to Deep Gap from several of you a
few weeks ago, hate to seek information again so quickly for the same
trip.  I am not familiar with this area so information is welcomed.

Is the Standing Indian Campground a good trailhead to park at for
several days, and no, it's not an old car, actually just 2 months old.
Is FS67 open?  After the thread on trailhead parking my wife has offered
to let us take her older Windstar van in hopes someone will mess with it
(VBG).

Trailwind (who is VERY glad his son wants to spend half of the spring
break on the trail with Dad)