[at-l] RE: Manassas Shelter

In a message dated 2/24/02 7:58:41 PM, thebennettclan@netzero.net writes:

<< Copperheads - yet another reason for carrying on the trail.  I can load
snake shot in the .45 for the first shot or two.   Won't get a bear's
attention, but will get rid of snakes and make somebody think twice
before making me and mine a victim.  Didn't know about the crime
problems at some of the shelters.  Any links to reports (official Law
Enforcement and/or otherwise)? >>

      *** This looks like a prank post.  Copperheads are endangered and
protected along the Trail in the New York area. I consider it a lucky day if
I see one along the AT. If I saw you shoot one with the reckless attitude you
display here I'd track you and turn you in at the first opportunity. You
would probably have a harder time about the gun than the snake. The only
crime problem at the shelter would be ignorant people killing wildlife...