Re[6]: [at-l] Freeze Dried food questions.

It's not necessary to lurk - I only got slapped around for a couple of days
(or was it weeks?) when I started posting.  Jump in.

Based on the stuff we took on overnight canoe and hiking trips at summer camp
(about thirty years ago) and what I can take now, I'd say yes.  Even so, I
carry salt, pepper, seasoned salt and garlic salt (as they are all food
groups).  I also pack bacon bits, beef and chicken boullion, etc. so I can
make anything (perhaps even cooked cardboard) taste like something.

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/23/02 11:24:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dbb019@aol.com
writes:

> My only previous experience with freeze dried food was at Philmont twenty or
>
> so years ago.  After ten straight days of eating that stuff I was really
> craving some sort of taste to my food.  Pretty bland fare, although, thank
> heavens someone on the crew had had the foresight to bring along some
> garlic
> salt and it helped a little.
>
> My question is, have they made any progress on the flavor side of things
> with
> freeze dried dinners over the last twenty years?
>
> Thanks (and back to lurk)
> Dave B

multipart/alternative
  text/html