[at-l] Tilting time grows short

On 23 Feb 2002 at 16:21, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:

>      Today the trick is green camouflaging. The name "Renewable Energy" is a
> trojan horse for suckering a well-intentioned, environmentally minded public
> into believing it is doing something good towards contributing to
> environmental compatibility. There is every indication that the energy
> derived from these towers will help supply power to a huge sprawl kingdom
> under the AT in the area in question. Part of this massive development will
> be funded by the AT millions given to Saddleback in order to preserve the AT.
> I hope I don't have to explain what that means to the AT...

Sorry, RnR, I don't share your sense of hysteria here.
Admittedly, I have not been following the EEC story
as you and Weary have.

A "sprawl kingdom" between Rangely and Stratton, ME?
How do you figure?  What's the big attraction?  A couple
of ski areas?

I'm not trying to defend the indefensible, but there are
other examples of "sprawl kingdoms" in the near vicinity
of the AT that don't seem to affect it much -- for example,
Gatlinburg/SMNP, and the Loon Mountain/Kancamagus
sprawl, or the North Conway sprawl, in the Whites.

I'd rather have wind towers in Maine than oil drilling
in ANWR, if that's the choice.

rafe b.
aka terrapin