[at-l] Signs's missing

I don't think many folks think of stealing Trail signs.  Or would  because
of the AMC can get $500 each and up.  People spend that kind of money
because it is a fun way to give.

Of course there are people who would have no problem stealing, I suppose.

There was a street sign in Grafton Notch where the Trail crosses the road a
few years back (the kind with white letters on a green background you see on
every corner)that read "Appalachian Trail".

It was gone the last time I checked.  Just a metal post left.

Probably hanging up in someone's garage.  Or patching a hole in someone's
roof.   I'm figuring' it must of been the latter since no one interested in
the Trail would have stooped so low.

Speaking of signs from the MATC, there is an interesting one that directs
people to the overlook/rock just North (East?) of Grafton Notch.  Rather
than simply say "View" it says something like "Great" view.  Me thinks that
one of these blue-blaze loving/Gulf-Haggas promoting type of folks was
responsible for the adjective. Anyway, even sign posters are entitled to
their opinions, I suppose.

Rick B