[at-l] RE: Bear bagging question

FWIW, I was with a group of Boy Scouts this weekend doing a service
project and campout at Lake Blue Ridge for the Forest Service.  One of
the Rangers came by and gave a good interactive discussion with them for
about an hour and a half.  One of the topics was bears and he said the
bear population in North Georgia had been going up for the past 10 years
straight and was high.  Lake Blue Ridge is about 20 miles North of
Springer Mtn.  Though I still find bear sightings infrequent, the middle
of the night with food in my tent is not the next time I want to see
one...I will be bear bagging.