Bear bagging question was Re: [at-l] How to help a newbie?

Same principle as the set up automatic corn feeders for deer, which are used
lots of places, illegal many places.  I think we should teach the animals to
shoot and set them up with blinds outside a Hooters or other suitable
Neanderthal watering hole.  Even things up a bit. (To clarify - that WAS a
slam against a number of entities - feel free to flame). <vvvbg>

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/16/02 8:17:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Slyatpct@aol.com writes:

> In September up in Maine, they hunt 'bear-over-bait'. That's when a
> > 'hunter'
> > plants smelly goodies (month old fermented bakery products like glazed
> > doughnuts and blueberry muffins work great) for weeks in bear habitat,
> and
> > then later shoots the bears that have been lured. Sometimes they hang the
>
> > yummy goodies from trees.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---