[at-l] Shuttle Service from Atlanta or Gainesville

I tried to reply earlier via the list, but looks like something
ain't working.

Since you are arriving fairly late on a Sunday afternoon, I'd expect
your ability to count on Amtrak to be limited. From what I've heard, the
cost of taxi from Gainesville is not all that cheap.

I'd consider one of 2 plans. Plan 1 includes having a shuttle pick you
up from the airport and taking you straight to Amicalola Falls park.
Problem with that plan is how late and past dark you would arrive.

Plan 2 would be to arrange to stay at one of the many lodging choices in
Atlanta, possibly get some shopping for fuel or other items that you
could not fly with, and arrange for shuttle early Monday AM. This would
allow you the choice of shuttle to Amicalola Falls Park and the access
trail or up to USFS 42 for a start up on Springer.

An additional plan would be to scout around to see who else is seeking
the same start date and split the costs of lodging/shuttle.

Good luck!

Bill...