Bear bagging question was Re: [at-l] How to help a newbie?

I still don't get it.  If you know bears hang out in trees, if you know
others, bait bears by hanging food in trees, why would you hang YOUR food in
trees?

Another question, should bear baiting be outlawed?  Accommodating bears with
human food doesn't seem like a very good practice.

Sly

> Bear bagging...
> In September up in Maine, they hunt 'bear-over-bait'. That's when a
> 'hunter'
> plants smelly goodies (month old fermented bakery products like glazed
> doughnuts and blueberry muffins work great) for weeks in bear habitat, and
> then later shoots the bears that have been lured. Sometimes they hang the
> yummy goodies from trees.
> I bear bag my all my food and kitchen stuff. A loooooooong way away from my
> tent <g>

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---