Re[2]: [at-l] women's issues

"... But it does take a bit of nerve to use it with a state trooper on your
tail."

 Not far from Rocky's home, (Clifford R. Haynes as he disguises himself on this
 list) many, many years (decades really) ago, I was driving down U.S. Route 1
 (Yes you Floridians, it goes all the way down there) after attending a dance at
 the Huntoon Grange Hall. We were all sipping some very fine home brew me and my
 buddies had made.

  I had rebuilt the front end of my 1940 Buick (with 200,000 miles plus) and was
  testing to see if it needed an alignment, i.e. letting the car steer itself to
  see if it would swerve to one side of the other.

  Suddenly, blue lights flashed behind us. Being a bit of a jailhouse lawyer, I
  told everyone to "tuck the beer under the seats. He can't legally search
  us."

  No one believed me. As I pulled to the side, six bottles of home brew
  disappeared out the windows -- and spewed all over the trooper's hood.

  Well, the trooper was a good soul. I explained I wasn't drunk, just trying to
  figure out if my new tie rods were adjusted properly.

  But until the day I die, I'll remember his plaintive last comment, "who's
  going to wash my car."

  Weary