[at-l] serious "women's" issues plus question

Excellent example of how men can be pretty clueless about such topics.

The concept under discussion is the continuous use of BCP's to block not
only ovulation but to also block menstruation. The idea is to essentially
maintain an artificial pregnancy for several months. There may be breakthru
bleeding, as with the customary use of BCP's. There may be other effects
that might not be anticipated by our current state of knowledge. While some
women in high exertion states may stop menses, this is certainly not a
physiologic reaction to either exertion or pregnancy.

This idea should only be attempted with full discussion of known risks and
benefits from a person's OB/GYN. There are likely to be many anecdotal
reports of success and failure within our list, but that does not imply
that safety issues would be appropriately addressed. Compare this to our
recurrent water treatment threads - many never treat and get away with it,
but the consequences of drinking contaminated water could include death.

Back to the meta-issue: should men maintain their status as clueless jerks
or be forced into sharing information and problems that do not directly
affect them?

Where did I leave that remote control? Honey! Bring me the remote and a
beer. Thanks, sweetheart. What an interesting almondy taste!

OrangeBug
<suddenly not feeling so well>