[at-l] electronic maps

To me, the most awesome stat. of all re the AT is the fact that walking
from end to end is the vertical elevation equivalent of climbing Everest
about 16 times - 16 times!  And, yet, the "average" grade is less than
5%; just goes to show that Mark Twain was right about statistics:
"There's lies, damn lies [oops - sorry for the bleep word, but in the
interests of authenticity, I left it in! :)] - and statistics! :)

hike [and climb] on!

thru-thinker