[at-l] Arresting people in the backcountry (was Hammocks and the Whites)

On my thruhike, I ran into a ridge runner who was looking for two guys I had
passed a bit earlier on...  Turns out they were killing snakes on the trail
with a machete-like knife and he was out to find him.

Basically, he was not even planning on confronting the guys but was just
tracking them as best he could to determine which trailhead they were likely
to hit.  With that information, he was in radio contact with the authorities
and the police were ready to meet the offenders at the trailhead.

I suspect the same would be true in the Whites - or most other backcountry
situations.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99