[at-l] Im starting to Plan, need opinions on timeline please

> This puts me on a 6th month time line at 12 mile a
> day average. Did people find this time too much or
> too little?

I averaged 11.1 miles per overall day (including days
off) on my Year 2000 northbound AT thru-hike. I saw
the sights and took six days off solely to catch up on
writing my on-line trail journal. Five additional days
off were due to being caught in a blizzard in Maine.
So...I'd say your 12 miles per day average you're
planning is probably about right to still give you
time to see the nearby side trips and, well, take a
nap every so often after lunch on the Trail.

If you're into Excel charts, here's a chart of some
actual thru-hiker routes vs time as well as what I had
planned before I started my thru-hike versus what
actually happened on my Year 2000 northbound AT
thru-hike:

http://friends.backcountry.net/datto/pic/HIKES03.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have the data in electronic
format for this graph anymore.

Datto