Re[2]: [at-l] Lekis and global warming

Having only been using poles for about three years, I had not heard of the
issue until I joined this list and if you've posted the topic since last
October I've missed it.  The poles, when you buy then, come with little
plastic tip covers.  If folks used a more rugged version of those over the
ends, would there still be an issue (is the metal tip the issue)?  I'm hard
pressed to see how the pole tips and the small holes they make in soft earth
impacts erosion.  What's the issue here, please?  I can adjust to no poles
(did that for lots of years).  I just chug along easier with them and would
gladly modify mine if I understand what would affect the issue.  I see far
more boot prints swinging around wet spots widening the trail than anything
else.

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/10/02 7:08:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

> As a trail maintainer, I've told of the damage I see from Lekis on this and
> other lists. It's obvious to me what is happening. But like the battle over
> lugged soles, we are a 'me first' society. We always find excuses to do
> convenient, if damaging things. It's in the human genes.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---