[at-l] > RELIGIOUS, SENATE LEADERS OPPOSE ANWR DRILLING

At 02:36 PM 2/10/02 -0700, Ron Martino wrote:
>kahley wrote:
>
> > I didn't ask about info online. I should have phrased it as specifically,
> > why you feel
> > this place should be untouchable.
>
>         Oh, my personal opinions. Sorry, I misunderstood...
>
>         For me, all of the reasons why the the Refuge was created in the
> first
>place are important, but the trumping argument for me, if you will, is
>that there's no current need for exploration and extraction in the ANWR.

I agree about the drilling, but not the exploration.  To not explore,
to me, would be like driving a car with no fuel indicator.  I want
to know how much fuel I have "in the tank" <g>

If I can press, can you tell me why the land was set aside in
the first place?  Or rather, why you agree with the reasoning
behind it's protection?