[at-l] ANWR

Not to nitpick, but we could use only domestic oil if we also used other =
energy sources and were more efficient with our energy use (this second =
is not even necessary by some people's estimates).  Yeah, this is a huge =
issue, and how could I possibly make blanket statements? .. but this =
particular blanket statement isn't even contested anymore (except by oil =
companies and those in the gov't under their influence).  The one =
problem remains economic feasibility which is getting better with =
aerodynamic advances (for wind) and manufacturing methods (for solar), =
not mention the increasing interest/demand for such technology.

> Second, even were we to extract oil from the ANWR, the amount, even
> under optimistic estimates, would be only a fraction of current =
demand.
> It is not possible to use only domestic oil and not be dependent upon
> others; otherwise we would be doing so already.

> Ron

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---