[at-l] water shortage

Laurie---

    Some good news for you---the word is getting out re. water, and it looks
like the prospective hikers are aware that it might be a dry
season---several of the Forums for hikers have already started threads on
the subject, so everyone will hopefully know before starting their trips
that there may well be problems.

    In case you're interested, I just sent an extensive "advisory" to A.T.
Basecamp (http://at.plangraphic.org).  You can find it by going to the Home
Page, clicking on "Forum" and then go to "General Discussion" section.

    If you like or agree with any of what I wrote there, please feel free to
use it, edit it, re-write it for either the Conference website, for a flyer
to be distributed on the Trail,  for use by Local Clubs in flyers or signs
of their own, or for any other purpose you can think of.  Incidentaly, if
you EVER see anything you like that I've written on one of these thru-hiker
Forums or mailing lists, please feel free at any time to adapt, edit,
re-print, forward, or do whatever you like with the information---I write
and post this stuff so it reaches the most possible folks, and helps as many
people as possible. I enjoy doing this, and on occasion, I have something
useful to contribute, especially for the new folks.   I'm not remotely
interested in any "credit" or "acknowledgement" of these posts and
suggestions, so please feel free to do whatever you wish with them,
including of course, feel free to ignore em!

                                                  regards,

                                                     Jack

P.S.  I'm mailing you a clipping from yesterday's local newspaper regarding
Hanover's serious water shortage---they're presently contemplating rationing
or actually buying water from a neighboring town!  Please share this
clipping with anyone who doubts that we may be facing a problem, and
unfortunately, if it's this bad in southern New Hampshire, I'm really
starting to get concerned about the mid-Atlantic states.  Anyway, thanx
again for your assistance with this so far.