[at-l] Why Hiking?

Cballs asks:
> What is/was your initial, primary motivation for hiking?
> Try to limit yourself to 10 words and post all replies to the list.

..."Because I wished to live deliberately".....

Which is to say:

To touch the mystery and magic of the deep woods.

And/or

To become closer to my ancient ancestors, and myself.

And/or

The selfish pride of arriving safely at the other side.

And/or

Solitude.

( I'm not being indecisive, there wasn't "A" reason I started hiking.
These are just some of  things which drew me at first and continues to
draw me still to the woods.)

-r