[at-l] Dogs on the Trail

--- Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 1/31/2002 8:56:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> jac_150@hotmail.com writes:
> > I think that dogs have as much right to be on the trail as
> people do. IMHO, people might be just a little bit
acommodating to a person that would take the added
responsibility of bringing their dog. It sounds like some people

> > are so wrapped up in their own world that they cannot or
> will not make room for others and the way they choose to hike.
### You know that saying about "A lack of planning on your part
does not constitute an emergency on my part."  It applies here.
Someone else's "added responsibility" is theirs; it is *not* the
rest of society's. My kids were at the crowded PA Ruck this past
weekend -- if I could not trust them to behave such that they
did not require attention/minding by anyone besides me, they
would not have been out of my sight. (And outside of some ...
tree height concerns -- that I hope I put to rest -- I *think*
they were gentlemen all weekend. Anybody? Anybody?)

> Sure they do, let me gather all my stuff and sleep in the rain
> so your dog can have a comfortable and dry spot in the
shelter.
### A hoot, to be sure. Gets a point across well. But as far as
any dog that Amy would own -- probably raised on collard greens
off the floor -- it's probably a fine pooch.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!