[at-l] Camp shoes

--- dfaddleton@mindspring.com wrote:
> The solution is the thong a cheap foam rubber and
> two straps which disappear into the sole between the great and
> next to great toes.
> THE camp shoe for its lightness . . .
>
> Papa Bear <papa_bear_nyc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1) Do I really need camp shoes?
### "Need"? What do you mean by "need"? At what (weight) price?

> How many do without anything to relieve the feet while in
camp?
### I have for just the last few years and 700? miles. Has not
been much of an issue. But I *do* untie my big ol' mountain
boots to be very loose when I get into camp, too. And the thong
idea has crept into my mind plenty.

> How many threw away their "camp shoes" in the first couple of
weeks?
### I had always used simple leather moccasins, and still feel
they are my default camp shoe.

> 2) I would ideally like to find is something soft,
> slipperlike, weighing say about 4 oz. with tough, water
> resistant bottoms.  Oh yeah, and cheap.  Can someone direct me
> to something like this?
### See answer above!!!!!!

> 3) Any other ingenious solutions to the camp shoe question?
### See answer (way) above.

> 4) And just an afterthought, who hikes in sandals?
### Nowadays? Seems like everybody but me.

Sloetoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!