[at-l] Dogs on the Trail

Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:

> Sure they do, let me gather all my stuff and sleep in the rain so your dog
> can have a comfortable and dry spot in the shelter.  Or perhaps she'd rather
> use my sleeping bag as a mattress?  Wet fur, muddy paws, so be it, the dog's
> so cute.  Go ahead, bark at the hikers, they don't care and growl if you
> must.  It's ok, the dog doesn't bite, it's just not used to hikers with
> sticks or backpacks.  I didn't want that dinner, it's ok too, let the dog
> have it.  Bear scat?  Doesn't look like that.  Chase all the wildlife you
> see, we've seen it all before.  It doesn't matter she licks her ass and then
> drinks out of the same water sources as we do.

Not all of us let our dogs in shelters, or let them drink from streams,
or let them off leash, or let them mug others for dinner.  I don't.
I don't appreciate others that do.  Please let's not tar all dog
owners with the same.. tar.

Not like my dog is perfect, nor am I, but I do try to see that neither
one of us is a big bother to others.  I must not be the only one out
there, cause somebody taught me.

-amy (&Paige the hiking dog - look, she brought you something:
		http://askowronek.home.mindspring.com/paige/kong.jpg )