[at-l] Camp shoes

The solution is the thong . . . no . . . not what got Clinton in trouble . . . but the shoe, made of a cheap foam rubber and two straps which disappear into the sole between the great and next to great toes.  THE third world shoe for it cheapness and THE camp shoe for its lightness . . .

Papa Bear <papa_bear_nyc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi

I recently bought a nice pair of Teva Inversion sandals which I got from Campmor when they were on special.  They are very comfortable and I love them BUT they weight maybe 12 oz. a piece so that's 1.5 lb the pair.

1) Do I really need camp shoes?  How many do without anything to relieve the feet while in camp?  How many threw away their "camp shoes" in the first couple of weeks?

2) I would ideally like to find is something soft, slipperlike, weighing say about 4 oz. with tough, water resistant bottoms.  Oh yeah, and cheap.  Can someone direct me to something like this?

3) Any other ingenious solutions to the camp shoe question?

4) And just an afterthought, who hikes in sandals?

Thanks
Pb

multipart/alternative
  text/html