[at-l] Search and Rescue - beans

<<I'm looking for a good recipe for drying/dehydrating black beans and rice. I've bought the Carolina brand in the grocery store and really like it, but it requires
simmering for 25 minutes, which fits neither my stove or my camping style.>>

Cook up a double batch the next time you make it, then dry the already cooked mixture. It will rehydrate pretty quickly if you just add boiling water and let it sit a few minutes.

I have done this with a bunch of different meals - especially leftover veggie fired rice - yumm.

POG