[at-l] Maps of the AT.

I did that when I did the Maryland section in October (which really didn't
help as all the water that is routinely there was dry except Antietam creek
so all the water for 42 miles came from Gathland and Washington Monument
spigots).   But yes, I generally glean the important facts and plot that so I
have less to carry.  The Georgia and North Carolina maps actually already
show the water on the map, so some maps are easier to work with than others.
BTW, when I ordered ny map set last year, it came with a two-sided laminated
card (GA one side, NC the other) showing all the shelters/campsites/water
sources and interval distances on it (pretty handy).  Anybody know why there
aren't similar cards for other states/sections (or are there)?

Black&blue

In a message dated 01/31/02 1:17:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,