[at-l] Sticky fingers....

Datto wrote:

> Until there's an effort made to actually create a
> deterrent to the thieves, the petty theft situation is
> going to get worse in Damascus during Trail Days, not
> better.

Well, I probably will be busy hiking during Trail Days,
but maybe yall could have a fun time with it this year.
Booby trap your tents and packs.  (Not dangerously, of course.)
Mouse traps, baggies of yucky stuff, moldy socks, etc.
Take your least favorite stuff and make it really unpleasant
for whoever fools with it.  If everybody on all the mailing
lists did it, it'd up the odds that the thieves would
quit.. maybe.

I have some fine ideas along those lines.  :)  Fly strips
come to mind.  Would help identify the sticky fingers more
plainly to those around them.

-amy