FW: Re[4]: [at-l] weight/use efficiency & Guns

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Kramer [mailto:jbkramer@afn.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 21:27
To: 'Bob Cummings'
Subject: RE: Re[4]: [at-l] weight/use efficiency & Guns

In 1998 there were:
41200 people killed by cars
16600 killed by falls
8400 poisoned
5220 pedestrians killed, I assume by cars
4100 drownings
3700 burned to death
3200 suffocated
14100 killed by other causes
AND *900* accidentally killed by firearms

 So that's less than 1 in 100, less than 1% of accidental deaths are
caused by firearms. Can you explain the hysteria over that? Just cutting
the car slaughter by 10% would amount to almost 5000 people, why not
obsess over that?

And BTW I agree, I would never carry a gun on the AT-L with bears in
mind.

Bryan