[at-l] gaiters?

James:

I hiked for years without gaiters although I used them for x-country skiing
and snowshoeing.  I finally used a pair of low gaiters last year and
wouldn't be without them.  Not only do they keep crap out of my low cut
trail tennies, they also helped keep them dry during a deluge on top of Mt.
Madison -- my shoes were dry the next morning despite the dreary conditions
in the hut.  Without the gaiters, they would've still be soaked.

Ron