[at-l] "Weight/Use" efficiency

>From: "Phil Heffington"

>On a weight to use criteria, which would be more likely to be an
>efficient protection, a knee brace or a gun?

You know, there is a lot of food for thought in your post.  I have learned a
lot from this list.  Everything from outright answers to things that never
crossed my mind before.

But this question isn't really a good one, first off, a gun is useless if
you would never use one.  Second, one of the facts of guns vs crime is that
the unknown is an advantage.  I would never tell anyone if/when I carry.  Do
I even own a handgun?  I'll never tell.  I do have hunting guns, thats a
matter of public record, anything else is personal and private information.
I am ex-military, trained in rifles, handguns and shotgun/riot control.  To
be honest, guns have my utmost respect.  Like vehicles, they require it.

The obvious answer to your question is the knee brace.  I know I have a
greater risk of hurting myself while hiking over being hurt by someone else.

That being said, if I twisted my knee how far and long could I crawl (worse
case)?  If I needed a gun for self defense (unlikely) does your weight/usage
rule change?  Or do you beat someone or some animal off with a knee brace?
I have hiked with a wrist brace, and have needed it.  I guess if I had a bum
knee I would carry one.  Sorry for the long answer.  :o)