[at-l] what do you carry in your pack?

One caveat though... in my experience most kids gear is not particularly
light.  Kids are tough on their stuff and outgrow things, so there's
little reason to make high quality, light weight, stuff for them.  For
example, I've never seen a good down bag for kids... my girls used EMS
liteloft mummy bags (they just outgrew them), but they weighed as much
as my long adult down bag (and THAT bag is fifteen years old and a pound
heavier than I'd buy now).  Also, kids backpacks emphasize adjustability
over light weight, and tend to be sized for adolescent boys anyway.

-- Jim