[at-l] REI Subkilo sleeping bag... Comments?

I've just purchased the REI Subkilo bag for my 02 thru-hike... It's a 20 deg down bag,
weighs 2lbs 2oz, and cost me $170 on sale.  All of that I like, but
the part that has me concerned is that there is no sort of
water-resistant shell or anything.  Now, I plan to have a garbage bag
lining the stuff sack which should help in keeping it dry... but I was
wondering if that was enough.  How well do those shelters keep things
dry in a storm?  Is there a spray-on treatment that would be
recommended?

Thanks -- Mike