[at-l] Speed Record on the A.T.

I don't think you really disagree. The deeds that live on are the deeds
that demonstrate the humanity and good of the person. Your friend's
funeral was attended by folks who appreciated the man, not only his
medals.

Those things we accomplish in a short athletic event may mark us in a
record book. Those events are relatively pointless compared to how we
live outside of the field of competition.

Bill...