[at-l] Re: Why Shelters?

> Doesn't anybody pack earplugs?  It seems to me that
> I've seen hikers use
> them in shelters.  anklebear

Those foam construction worker earplugs were the best
investment I made last year.  Got them at the hardware
store between the PO and the Franklin Motel in
Franklin, NC for like 65 cents.  The only drawback
(for me anyway) was that that meant the birds diidn't
wake me up in the morning.  Some people don't like the
feeling of something in their ears, but I got used to
it pretty quick.

=====
--
June 13-16, I'm riding my bike 330 miles from
Norfolk, VA to Washington DC to raise money