[at-l] Wingfoot's concerned about the at-l.

Howdy
 For the last few weeks, Dan 'Wingfoot' Bruce (the webmaster of the defunct
Trailplace.com) has been emailing me demanding I apologize to him for a post
I made to the at-l back in November of 2001.
 My words were:"We all wanted Saddleback saved, and many of us did something
about it. Some of us even tried to help via TP's effort. And when we heard
about the Gulf Tract trouble here on the at-l (where the news broke first,
btw, for those of you who were stranded on ATML Isle) many of us acted. And
the Putnam mine issue? It was settled before WF belatedly jumped on the
bandwagon. Ah, the Truth. Ain't it grand?"
 He says I'm wrong about Putnam Mine. No one else told me I was wrong about
Putnam Mine. I thought I was right then, I think I'm right still.
 My facts:
The permit was issued in May 1999.
In April 2000 the State announced it's intent to revoke.
In August 2000 TP was running it's email project.
Fact in contention: If Clark Stone's appeal ever had a chance. My research
says no. The permit was issued in error, the appeal had no merit.
His gross overreaction is evidence to me that he is obsessively concerned
with taking credit for the end result of the Putnam Mine Permit issue.
I've invited him to resubscribe to at-l if he's so concerned about what's
posted here. He has refused.
If anyone out there is in personal contact with Dan, you might consider
checking in on him to make sure he's OK.
TJ
p.s. Just checked, looks like TP isn't completely defunct. The link asking
for donations is still working.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---