[at-l] leeches???

At 01:07 PM 1/17/02 -0500, Bob wrote:

>Of all the obnoxious things that affect humans on the Appalachian Trail,
>probably leeches are the least harmful. Well, in fact, they are totally
>harmless as far as I can determine. I have yet to see evidence to the
>contrary, but I'd be glad to see any facts that dispute this conclusion.

As I kid, I knew where the leeches hung out and would get a couple
hooked up just to freak the heck outta everyone else at the cabin.
We had some really obnoxious cousins who would bug the heck
outta me on the weekends.  One look at the leeches gettin'
all fat and happy on my legs wuld guarantee that I'd have peace and
quiet in the creek for the rest of their stay!