[at-l] New thread about names

>>What are some actual names of people you know now, or have known,
>>that are a bit unusual?  Here are the names of some of my acquaintances,
>>and they are not trail names either:

OK, this is so far off  in terms of Trail relatedness,  but so amusing it's
impossible for me not to chime in....

The Vice Principal at my high school was named Dick Tracy.

I knew a Candy Cane and a Candy Cone.  A young lad I'd met in Canada
was actually named Peter Piper.

High school pals of mine were 3 brothers: the first named John, the second
Philip and his fraternal twin (whom they'd hoped would be a girl) was
named Sousa. Not a single one of them took up music.

My friend, Doug Hohe, didn't marry his high school sweetheart, Holly.
I'm  only *guessing* why not?  (I ne ver even considered marrying my
friend, Gary Klaus, though lots of our friends liked the idea!)

An old family friend of ours is named Knud Eigel (Nielsen). He often jokes
that his name is "Nude Eagle," playing at American phonetics - well more
aptly, *Canadian* phonetics, since that's where he lives.  (His name is,
in reality, pronounced [something akin to] "Knool Eye-gul.")

And the funniest?  A colleague of mine at the Red Cross is named Female
(pronounced "Fe -mall' - lee").  Her immigrant parents had known little
English at the time she had been born. The papers presented to them by
the hospital staff had listed their new baby as "Female *their last name.*"
They assumed that it was an American custom to have the hospital name
newborns and so it became her real name. True story.

Ready