FW: [at-l] Racism on or around the AT

Not really, the europeans ignored the lessons of the US Civil War even
though they had all sorts of military observers on both sides. When you
come right down to it WWI trench warfare first occurred in the Civil
War, especialy the finale around Richmond. The Civil War also was the
first major use of trains in warfare and also the first major use of
field entrenchments. By the end of the war both sides could dig their
way into the ground at the drop of a hat. But mass charges continued in
europe for another 60 years.

Bryan