[at-l] Boots, Bugs, Etc.---

DEET has a bad reputation, but studies do not demonstrate any real world
toxicities. This has been covered in Backpacker mag a couple of springs
ago, and Wild Bill (miss that guy) had given us some links for that
controversy. If one is afraid of DEET, permathrine (spelling is wrong I am
sure) is applied to the exterior of clothing and lasts a long time - in
some ways may be better for the long distance hiker without the problem of
extra weight of insect repellant.

I use a combination of DEET and sunscreen, as usually both are a problem.
So far (knock on wood) I've not had them invade my original Velcro doors of
my Nomad.

OrangeBug