[at-l] Re: nickname

Elizabeth A. Foshion wrote:

> Thanks for the complement, but I don't think Michigan is ready for polyandry yet - at least not the part I live in.  The U.P. now.....<just kidding>
>
> Sg

OK SquirellGirl,

You obviously aren't aware that Beaver Island was once the home of King Jesse James Strang, the United States only ever monarchy.  He was a Mormon, and
the Battle of Pine River, fought in my home town of Charlevoix, helped to oust the Mormons from the area.  The Island is now home to a small population
of peaceful Irish Catholics, and an ever growing population of second-homers and touristos.

As far as polyandry and the UP are concerned, well, comon now, lets not be so naive.

Ron