Re[2]: [at-l] "The Trail Isn't Really Wilderness Anyway..."

Bob Cummings wrote:
>The photo simulation that Endless Energy has distributed seems to have
>little relationship to reality.

Weary -
I'm not trying to beat up on you about this - what follows here is a
legitimate question - and needs an answer.

Whether true or not, that simulation CAN be checked.  Where's the ATC in all
this - they have software that should be capable of a simulation that would
show pretty accurately what the view of those towers would be from anyplace
on the Trail -- and probably at any time of day.  Why has no one done that
yet?  So far I've seen a lot of emotional "Oh my God" stuff - but where are
the facts?

Taking the "company line" is no more palatable to me than it is to you - so
why has nobody done an independent evaluation?  Until that's done, everyone
involved (both sides) is blowin' smoke cause no one knows the "real" answer.
  Again - I think you're right -- but let's prove it, not just guess about
it.

One more question - who's done, doing or will do the analysis to determine
noise levels?  Also what's the nearest developed area - and who's doing the
noise level analysis for that area?

So -- do you want to contact ATC - or do you want me to do it?

Walk softly,
Jim