[at-l] nickname

My first year on the trail I used my nickname of 30 years - Twig.  Seems there
were a few "Twigs" out hiking that year, a Twig & Log, ect.  Plus it was a name
out of context - it didn't seem to fit, even though I have it engraved on my
Tuba mouthpiece.
The next year I hiked, I went with no trailname.  A week into my hike I took a
header that required 7 stitches.  Sitting around the fire one night, Sirroco &
Aimless were taking great pleasure in dreaming up a name for me - Splatman was
born.
Not only is it a trail related name, it was like I was knighted.  It has
meaning and reminds me to not do stupid things.  It's also a great story when
folks ask how I got my name.

As for Twig, well, it's still a name for my really old timer friends.  My older
bro's name is Stick, and by son's is Bud.  Go figure...

Splatman