[at-l] nickname

During a lifetime of outdoor activities, one's friends and family are apt to bestow a variety of nicknames on you - the secret
is to choose the one least embarressing and annoying.

Other names I've been called in the woods include:

Steak Goddess - came from pulling a package of thick NY strips out of my pack when everyone thought we were having Lipton
dinners - then improvising a grill.

Hike and Hurl - earned during a bout of food poisoning 3 days from anywhere.

Buffet - on a mosquito infested island in May. My companions were Lunch and Snackbar.

These are the relatively clean ones. My habit of awaking and getting up at dawn has earned me other names, too profane to list
here, ameliorated by the fact that I usually cook breakfast - a transparent ploy to get people awake without bloodshed (mine).

Squirrelgirl