[at-l] guide books and maps - must have???

Hi!
For my '99 thru hike I bought the guide books and maps as well as the
companion and data book.  I busted up the companion and data book and put the
pieces in the mail drops along with the maps.  The guide books turned out to
be totally useless for me.  Otherwise, I was happy with my purchases.  I met
hikers who relied exclusively on the data book, or nothing, but I found it
entertaining to look at the maps frequently.   I am glad that I noted where I
spent each night in the data book, so I could organize my notes during those
dull days at home after the hike was done.  Good luck!
Logjumper (MEGA 99)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---