[at-l] Re: Creation of the AT

In a message dated 1/9/02 10:39:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> One thing I find interesting is that, in all of RnR's worshipful defense of
> MacKaye, he's failed to point out that MacKaye was the "father" of the
> Interstate highway system as well as the AT.  It may be "named" after
> Eisenhower, but MacKaye laid it out in detail in 1930.  MacKaye WAS a
> visionary - but not a god.

    ***  Another very fine hair-split Jim. Tell me is this the point where we
decide we no longer have to continue MacKaye's goal?

    Gee Jim, you're slipping. For all the pro-America talk you do I think you
just indirectly acknowledged that the interstate system is contributory to a
decline in open space...

    As I said in a previous post, which bounced off your usual kind
acceptance of my script, MacKaye was probably so successful because he spoke
the land developer's language and had their scent...

     Does that fact relieve us of having to fight for Saddleback? Funny, in
all my comments I don't remember asking anyone to worship MacKaye as a god?
(The interstate system really took off after WW II when the US saw the
Nazi-inspired German Autobahn and its real benefits to transportation...)

    Don't walk too softly now...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---